Sunday 20 July 2014

Church laughs: A Series of Inappropriate Events

Trying to stifle a church laugh is a task no less difficult than trying hold in a sneeze when your mouth is full of fried rice. The silence your fear to break is unbearable and time moves like sand through an hourglass. Prayers of intention become prayers of petition and you pray that the choir erupts in an impromptu Hallelujah.

Our wedding day was no different:
My dad reminded Andrew of the deal they made after 18 holes and the answer to his request to marry me. You can have her but YOU are my new retirement plan :)


I can only speculate that the best man found this time appropriate to show the groom one version of his speech, the one  that they would read only once and then burn. I imagine we were all still a bit drunk from going down the islands the day before.
Yup, that's my boy..
One of us is about to burst into flames....it's probably you.
He had one job......
I went all in...what are you waiting for?!

There may not be enough room for you in this union :)
Help! I'm tripping over my dress. We tied the tulle in a knot! My fairy godmother and those mice pulled a fast one last night. My dress is 6 inches longer!
What they should have written underneath the  grooms shoes.....











Ants? In there?
No it's not ripped at all, it's fine (The Best Man)
Doing what he does best, sacrificing someones dignity for the benefit of a joke :)

Where is this story going.....
Cheers!
Shots worked!
Caught!
Final thoughts for the bride and groom..... I had to burn those.


The best thing about a church laugh is that the intensity accrues and sometimes you get to express it in this type of forum.

So, where's the latte in this story?

The restaurant manager may have slipped while carrying all of the glass bottles filled with iced coffee and may have hurt his back and may have been out of commission for a while.

This was the one day I was on such a high I didn't need............. to have a latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment